Terms and Conditions
THESE CONDITIONS ARE CONSTANTLY UPDATED DUE TO DEVELOPMENTS. COMLONGON CASTLE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ALTER OR AMEND ANY OF ITS SERVICES PRODUCTS AND BOOKING CONDITIONS WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE. ANY CHANGE IN CONDITIONS WILL BE POSTED ON OUR WEBSITE AND APPLY FROM THE MOMENT THEY APPEAR LIVE. WE WILL ENDEVOUR TO NOTIFY CLIENTS AS TO THESE CHANGES BUT IT IS UP TO CLIENTS TO APPRISE THEMSELVES OF ANY NEW CONDITIONS.
- To reserve a wedding date complete fully the application form and enclose the relevant fees (the full ceremony fee plus £70 per room, and any other deposits required on your wedding application. Please check our web site for any further conditions that apply)
- All bookings are only confirmed when the Castle receives full deposits with a fully completed wedding application, and then dispatches a written confirmation. Until such time all bookings will remain provisional
- No booking can be confirmed without a fully completed and signed application form and fully paid deposits required. Any booking that does not meet these conditions will not be confirmed.
- Comlongon Castle reserves the right to refuse any booking
- All deposits are non refundable.
- We would advise all clients to take out wedding insurance to cover any unforseen eventualities
- Comlongon Castle reserves the right to alter or amend any of its products or services without prior notice. However we will do our utmost to offer an equivalent if available.
- A provisional booking can only be held unsecured by a deposit for seven days. If after this period no deposit is received the booking will be cancelled and re-let.
- The registrar must be contacted within 3 months and no later than 28 days before the date of your wedding to arrange legal paperwork (Please check with the registrar for assistance)
- The legal paperwork (the Schedule or M10 form) must be in your possession when you check in at the castle otherwise the wedding cannot take place. This must be collected in person by the bride or groom from the registrars on a week day before the date of the wedding. (Religious ceremonies only, if organising a Civil ceremony the celebrant will bring this with them) Check with our local Registrars office for assistance
- Please note that the Registrars will charge their own fees, non-refundable, for the attendance of a registrar. Current fees can be viewed at registrars fees
- Comlongon Castle cannot take responsibility for clients who do not correctly apply for their paperwork
- For civil ceremonies the registrar will bring the schedule with them
- All invoices must be settled within a week of a guest arrival
- Room bookings not connected with weddings can only be accepted within an 8 week period of the date if vacancies allow
- We regret due to popularity of dates that clients can only book one night’s accommodation until an 8 week booking period applies.
- Clients can only book two nights if they hire all rooms and pay the hiring fee for both days, booking all rooms
- At popular dates such as weekends, and other dates chosen by the castle, clients must book all rooms within the castle
- Check in at the castle is 12:30 p.m.- we regret guests cannot check-in or arrive at the castle earlier than this. To avoid problems please ensure guests and subcontractors are aware of this check-in policy
- Check out is 10:30 a.m. at the latest. We require access to rooms by housekeepers by 10.30, although you are welcome to use the hotel facilities, such as refreshments and lunches until 12.30.
- Late check out will result in additional charges
- Please inform the castle in advance of any special dietary requirements.
- Please note guests cannot consume their own drink on the premises although we can with prior arrangement operate a corkage facility.
- Due to ministers commitments we cannot guarantee the exact time of the ceremony. (Although we will endeavour to minimise any unlikely alternation)
- Ministers travelling expenses and a small donation to the Church must be given on the day. (Please check with the castle for guidelines)
- Comlongon Castle will contact you at least 2 months in advance of your wedding and confirm the name and contact number of a minister available to conduct your ceremony.
- If a single party does not book all the facilities within the castle, all vacant facilities will be offered to an alternative client, resulting in shared facilities. It is possible with prior arrangement and additional charges to arrange either private dining or exclusive facilities.
- We do offer with prior arrangement the facility to bring certain pets and animals to the castle during your stay. This will attract set charges. Please contact reception for current charges
- Due to the location and grounds at the castle it is necessary to supervise children at all times. We cannot take responsibility for children who are not under direct adult supervision.
- For groups with children it is recommended that you employ the services of an authorised child minder. Please contact the castle for more details.
- Confetti or substitutes are not allowed within the castle or grounds.
- Comlongon castle cannot accept responsibility for any sub-contractor.
- Clients cannot invite unauthorised sub-contractors to the castle without prior arrangement.
- All sub contractors must be in possession of a valid public liability certificate and be fully insured. Failure to produce this before arrival will result in their booking being cancelled
- Evening entertainment i.e. Bands can only be organised if a single group books all rooms within the hotel
- Any damage to rooms or the fabric of the building will be charged at replacement cost and paid before departure
- Wedding guests are not allowed unauthorised access to the honeymoon suites without the key holders permission (Any damage or act resulting in extra housekeeping will result in additional charges equivalent to the cost of rebooking the suite an extra day)
- Any costs in recovering outstanding balance or damage will be added to any invoice
- The principle party in any booking will assume responsibility for guest’s behaviour whilst at the hotel.
- Inappropriate or rude behaviour to any member of staff is not tolerated and if found will lead to the person being asked to leave the building and could result in criminal prosecution
- The principle party in any booking will be responsible for any additional costs incurred by any of the terms and conditions that apply
- Appointments to view the castle can only be taken by prior arrangement with the Castle
- A booking can be transferred to an alternative date by incurring additional charges, this new date will then be regarded as a provisional booking until full deposits are received
- Cancellations can only be accepted by the principle party that made the original booking and only when accompanied by written confirmation
- In the event of subsequent cancellation of a wedding or rooms all deposits are non-refundable.
- Comlongon Castle reserves the right to alter or amend its services and prices without notice, all changes will be posted on our website.
- Clients who do not book all the bedrooms within the hotel may not bring additional guests to banquets without prior arrangement. Clients who hire less than all the bedrooms can only bring additional guests or ensure private dining by hiring the Murray suite at extra cost.
- The Murray Dining Suite is available to hire for private banquets for up to 24 persons for groups who have additional guests for the banquet but do not hire all the bedrooms.
- We reserve the right to refuse the serving of alcohol to any client that a duty manager deems to have engaged in inappropriate behaviour.
- The principle client who books rooms at the venue will accept responsibility for damage or failure to meet invoices for their guests.
- Clients who do not make prior arrangements for private banqueting will share the dining room with other hotel guests (groups who hire all the bedrooms will be given private hire in the main banquet hall at no additional costs).
- Private Dining will be offered to the first group who book and is available for private use for the duration of the banquet. All other hotel facilities will be on a shared basis with other hotel clients.
- Failure to settle accounts upon departure will result in legal action and extra costs. The principle party will be deemed responsible for any facilities let out to others
- Any rooms left unused on a block booking wedding date will be charged to the Bride and Groom
- No product, service or facility is confirmed unless written confirmation is sent from the Castle
- It is a clients responsibility to ensure they fully comply with all terms and conditions published by Comlongon
- Guests cannot bring their own fireworks
Policy on pets;
1. Well behaved dogs allowed at Comlongon Castle
2. A nominal cleaning charge of £25 per bedroom is applicable
3. Maximum of 2 dogs per room permitted
4. Dogs are not allowed into areas where food is served
5. Own beds must be provided
6. Any damage must be reimbursed
7. Dogs must be under control within the grounds and be kept on a lead at all times
8. Dogs can be kept overnight in the office, with their own beds, looked after by the night porter
9. Owners are responsible for their dogs and must clean up any fouling
10. Please be aware it may not be suitable to bring dogs if there is a firework display
11. Owners may leave dogs in a suitable vehicle overnight if the above applicable points are observed. No fee will apply