Religious Wedding Ceremonies At Comlongon Castle
A Religious wedding ceremony held in the medieval Great Hall of Comlongon Castle - Scotland’s premier wedding venue
Our most popular ceremonies are Religious - conducted by Ministers from various churches, including the Church of Scotland - these intimate moving ceremonies are the ideal way to begin a marriage. We have a very close working arrangement with the Church and have several Ministers working from the castle. All have a great sense of humour and provide a very informal moving ceremony lasting about 20-30 minutes.
Unless requested there are no hymns or singing. There are no objections raised by any previous marriage (as long as you have obtained your decree absolute).
Incredibly easy to organise, a single phone call can begin the process. It takes only 28 days to arrange your dream ceremony. You do not need to travel to Scotland or meet with the Minister before the wedding.
On Your Wedding Day ...
- The Minister will arrive 15 minutes before the start of the ceremony to discuss the content with the Groom and Best Man. You will need the Schedule (M10 form previously obtained from our local registrars), and expenses. After this the Minister will interview the Bride in her honeymoon chamber.
- The candlelit ceremony is usually conducted at 3pm and lasts about 20 minutes, being informal in nature. The Groom, best man and guests are escorted to the Castle by the piper about 5 minutes before the service to assemble in the Great Hall. The Bride is then escorted into the Great Hall with her attendants. (Please note: as the castle is yours for the duration of your stay you have the option to choose the location of your ceremony, if weather permits you can marry in the gardens if you choose).
- We try and keep the whole day as relaxed and informal as possible so guests stand during the short service, although some seating is provided for those who may have difficulties standing for this period.
- Vows are exchanged before the blazing log fire whilst family and friends gather in a circle to witness the union.
- At the conclusion of the ceremony the Bride and Groom will sign the Schedule, before being escorted by the piper from the Castle to the private gardens where the photographers will be pleased to guide you through the numerous locations available.
The costs of hiring the castle includes exclusive use of the castle for the duration of the ceremony the services of a wedding coordinator, fire, candles, music and piper. The Minister will charge an extra fee for attendance.